Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birthday Angler

I am a day late in posting my birthday card for my brother.  You see, I have difficulty creating any kind of masculine cards but did have an idea – I just needed to think it out.  This is also my first time breaking out the Midnight Muse cardstock.

My brother is an avid fisher, and although he doesn’t get out as often as he would like to, I know he will appreciate this card.

My original idea was to do triple stamping with the fishes but when I saw this stamp amongst the hundreds of other stamps I have, I knew this it had to be main focal point.  So in essence, this card is not actually triple stamping but rather double stamping.  I apologize in advance as I do not know the name of this stamp set, but it is similar to the SU Angler set.  If anybody knows the name of the set or company, I would love to know.

I also wanted to do an ocean scene, but because I was limited in time, I decided I would go with the shaving cream technique – something that I have done in a long time, but am very pleased that I have.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have enjoyed this masculine card as much as I have creating it!

Here is the recipe:

Paper:  Midinight Muse, Stardust

Stamps:  Fishing/Angler (unknown), Elementary Elegance

Inks:  Midnight Muse for Angler and Sentiment; for shaving cream – Forest Foliage, Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal

Accessories:  1-1/4” Circle and 1-3/8” Circle Punch

~ Pat

No comments: