Sunday, December 2, 2007

Solemn Stillness & Lovely as a Tree

Here are two cards I created and would have made more of thesee, but as time doesn't permit it, I am saving these for next year. Obviously my goal for next year is to complete Christmas Cards sooner than later so that I am not in a position to send home made cards rather than store bought cards.
To create these cards, the first one I used Night of Navy cs as the main card, then I layered with Brushed Gold cs. On Confetti White cs, I stamped the row of trees from Lovely as a Tree once in the middle of the cs and then again without reinking a little higher and to the right a bit.
I then stamped the tree image from Solemn Stillness onto Vellum cs and embossed it with Iridescent Ice EP, stamped tree outline in gold ink, and embossed with Gold EP. Be sure not to heat too much or you will burn the first image.
Attach the Vellum overlay to the Confetti White cs using gold brads. As I like dimensions on my cards, I mounted the white layer with mounting tape.
As for the other card, same idea, just a diferent colour using Wild Wasaib and Purely Pomegranate cs and the Wild Wasabi ink. I then punched the four corners of the Purely Pomegranate with the Step Corner Punch (retired).

No comments: