Friday, April 2, 2010

Matching Cards to Memo Pad Holder

As promised, here are the matching cards to my Memo Pad Holder. It did take me a bit longer
than I expected, but at least I got it done in time to give to the teachers for Easter! LOL! When you have four teachers to give to, it makes life a bit tougher and a bit more expensive. So when giving the teachers gifts, I try to keep it to a minimum and I know that they always enjoy homemade gifts!

I put the cards in a card portfolio shown here - each holds five different cards and envelopes on the left side. I left the front cover fairly plain - again I ran out of time and it was fairly late by the time I had finished completely and wanted to take pictures before giving them away. I kept these cards fairly simple and even left the sentiments off of some of the cards so that the teachers use them for whatever they wanted to. Rather than running ribbon from the front cover to the back, I attached the ribbon to the inside where I attached the brad to hold the outside of the flap together to the main section. You should punch your ribbon to make it easier for the brad to go through.


I also found these cute little watering cans from the Dollar Store. I filled them with Chocolate Easter Eggs! I don`t know who doesn`t like chocolate! I packaged all the goodies in a little easter gift bag and am sorry that I didn`t get a chance to take pictures of them. But I think you get the picture.

Card 1 - Although you cannot see it in this picture, I used Crystal Effect on the strawberry to give it a wet look. It does look much better in person. I also cut out the leaf and popped it up to give it a 3d effect.



Card 2 - I took one of my square Spellbinders and embossed the outside square. It is a bit difficult to see and I apologize for the fuzzy pic.
Card 3 - this one is fairly simple. Coloured the apple using my markers and then punched it out using the 1-1/4 inch punch and layered it onto a 1-3/8 inch circle and then onto the scalloped circle.
Card 4 - Using the polka dot cuttlebug, I embossed the top portion of the card and layered it onto the RR cs. I had these red 3/8" brads and thought that they would add a nice touch to the card.

Card 5 - I stamped three oranges in Certainly Celery and popped the middle one on pop ups. It needed a sentiment on the bottom, so I stamped "Celebrate You" from the Phrases for a Friend stamp set.

Here is the Recipe:
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Phrasers for a Friend (retired)
Paper: Old Olive cs, Summer Picnic DS (retired),
Ink: Black, Certain Celery
Accessories: Brads, Ribbons, Crystal Effect, SU Markers
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all have a wonderful evening!
~Pat

No comments: