Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Decorated Memo Pads

So here is what I came up with. Although the DP is retired from SU, I really like the bright and cheery feeling you get from it.

This is fairly simple to figure out the dimensions for the cover. My memo pads dimensions were 2.75" x 11".

I cut the RR cs to 6" x 11". Scored at 2-7/8" and 3-1/8" lenghthwise. I covered the top of the memo pad with the matching DS paper as I did on the front. The dimensions for the little topper was 2.75" x 2". I used the scallop punch to give it a bit of decoration and adhered it to the front and to the back of the memo pad. Then using sticky strips, stick the memo pad to the inside cover.

Stamped the cheeries onto white scrap and punched out using the 1-1/4" circle punch and the circle scallop punch in RR.

Tie a ribbon around it and voila! You got yourself a decorated memo pad! You could also put a magnet to the back of the memo pad if you did not want to cover it with cs. If you want to ambitious, you could also stamp each page of the memo pads.

These memo pads will form part of a gift for the teachers for Easter along with some matching cards which I have yet to make. Stay tuned for more!

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Tart & Tangy

Paper: Summer Picnic (retired), Real Red cs, Whisper White cs
Ink: SU markers
Accessories: 1-1/4" circle punch, circle scallop punch, scallop punch, sticky strips, Real Red Gorsgrain Ribbon, pop ups

Thanks for stopping by!

~Pat

No comments: