Monday, April 9, 2012

Masculine Birthday

My upline, Susan Paterson, is hosting her monthly shoebox swap and I always like to participate.  This month, the theme is masculine.  Now how many of you have problems with creating masculine cards?  I sure do, but I managed to get one created.  I always seem to revert back to my old-time favourite, Lovely As a Tree, as I truly believe this stamp set is a classic!
I stamped the oak tree in Early Espresso and also used the direct to paper technique with Early Espresso on the edges to give it a weathered look.  Layered it onto basic black and popped it up on pop ups to give it some dimensions.
I layered the Mocha Morning DSP onto black cardstock and then onto the Soft Suede.  I have to admit that I will be sorry to see this DSP go – but it gives me a chance to stock up on it before it retires!

I stamped the Happy Birthday in gold and layered it with Soft Suede.  Added my brads to either side and mounted it onto the card.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps:  Loveley as a Tree, Happiest Birthday Ever (hostess)

Paper:    Basic black, Mocha Morning DSP, Whisper White, Soft Suede

Ink:                Early Espresso, Gold

Accessories:  Vintage Brads

I hope you’ve enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed creating it.  I will post the rest of the swaps as soon as I receive them.

Thanks for stopping by,

~ Pat

No comments: