Sunday, November 20, 2011

Corrguated Christmas Card

Hello fellow stampers / bloggers!
It seems that I have gotten into a habit of starting off by saying it has been a long time. . . not this time.  I recently purchased a set of mugs.  Each mug was wrapped up in corrugated cardboard.  As I unpacked each mug, I thought to myself, what a waste!  I immediately informed my husband to not throw out the corrugated cardboard as I wanted to keep them to create some cards.  Well I received the funniest look ever!  Anyways, I did manage to come up with a few cards and have sent out a few packages out to some of my cyber friends challenging them to create with the corrugated cardboard.  I will post one card tonight and the rest later as I want to see what they come up with.
This is a card a I taught with my group of ladies – again I got the funny looks when I said we were going to reuse some corrugated cardboard – but when I showed them the card, I got the reaction I wanted – oos and ahs . . . here is my card

So what do you think?  I am hoping that you got the same reactions too.  Drop me a line and let me know. 
If you would like to challenge yourself, try a card or twp with corrugated cardboard.  If you don't have any, you can always use your crimper.  Please link your card back to my blog so I can see your creation.

Thanks for stopping by.  In a few weeks, I will post the other cards I made.  Have a wonderful evening!  ~ Pat

1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Pat, I LOOOOOVE this! I think I'll have to CASE it, if you don't mind. I really like the delicate, shimmery card base that contrasts with the rustic look of the cardboard. Great card. Thanks for visiting my blog - nice to know you've stopped by :)