Monday, April 14, 2008

Buckle Card


This is a buckle card that I had made a while back but am now just getting around to uploading it. I used an old favourite and unfortunately retired stamp set In Full Bloom.

I stamped each of the flowers and the leaves individually with versamark and then using my pastels and a q-tip, I went over the outlines of the flowers and leaves - this technique is called popping pastels. It gives you a vibrant look on the outlines, yet a softer look when colouring the rest of your image. I then cut each flower out and arranged it overlapping each other.

I layed the green gable onto the front of the card and hand drew my stitching lines as I did with the So Saffron onto the inside of the card.

I will post a tutorial on the buckle card when I have a bit of time.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful Monday!

Here is the recipe:
Stamps: In Full Bloom
Inks: Versamark, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Chocolate Chip; Green Gable; So Safforn; ww
Other: Pastels
~ Pat

No comments: