Sunday, April 27, 2008

Miss You

I was asked to make a card for a gal at the office who is leaving to travel in Europe. Her favourite colour is purple and I wanted to incorporate her colour into the card. As we have approximately 20 people in the office, I needed to make a fair size card - this is a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" square.

I used the Summer Seaside stamp set and stamped the girl in black ink onto white cs. I then water coloured her dress using Almost Amethyst and drew in little flowers using the Rose Red marker.

I coloured in the flowers and the ground using markers, and added the ocean so as to portray the girl looking over the ocean.

For the clouds as I did not have a cloud stencil, I used my scallop punch and punched a scallop circle and placed the circle randomly in the sky and sponged. Keep moving the scallop die cut around until you have achieved the look you want.

I die cute the rectangle scallop using my nestibilities and mounted with antique brass brads.

For the main card, I stamped the French Flair bg stamp with Almost Amethyst onto the cs. I cut a strip of the Rose Red and mounted that onto Chocolate Chip.

As I did not have a "Miss You" stamp, I used the "Missing You" from Fancy Expressive Phrases using my my Chocolate Chip marker to colour in only what I wanted. It took a few tries to get it lined up, but finally got it to work!

I mounted my girl with pop dots. Using my glitter glue, I added some sparkle to the ocean so as to make it look like the sun is shining down on it.

Lastly, I punched out 2 flowers and mounted with the antique brass. I added the dots around the card and on the Rose Red strip.

Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Summer by the Sea; Fancy Expressive Phrases
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Chocolate Chip, WW, Rose Red, So Saffron
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Almost Amethyst, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue
Other: Glitter Glue; Antique Brass Brads
Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
~Pat

No comments: