Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Get Well Card

I was recently notified that an ex-co-worker has had some surgery done and I wanted to send her a card along with some flowers to cheer her up. She will be laid up for approximately 6 weeks which is kind of a bummer during the summer!

This card was made using the Kindred Spirits Stamp set. I stamped it in Versa Mark and then using my shimmering powders, I went to town colouring. Although the pictures does no justice, it is much prettier in person.
The main image is stamped on Night of Navy and then mounted onto Old Olive and then onto Bashful Blue.
I used the Maine Blueberry DS paper, which I have had in my possession for eons. I used my scallop punch for the top edge and then also scallop punched a scrap of Night of Navy and mounted it beneath the DS paper to give it some kind clarity. I then mounted the bottom piece onto a piece of striped DS paper. Mounted the whole thing onto Old Olive and added the brads to either side, and then onto a bashful blue cs. The total size of the card is 6x6". I am quite pleased with the way it had turned out and hope this will help bring cheer to her.


Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Kindred Spirits
Paper: Night of Navy, Blueberry Maine DS paper, Old Olive, Bashful Blue
Ink: Versa Mark
Other: Shimmering powders, brads, scallop punch


~ Pat





No comments: