Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Red, White & Blue

This is my first challenge done through Christmas Cards All Year Round. Their challenge for July is to create a Christmas Card using the colours red, white and blue.


Well, this did turn out to be a bit more challenging than I expected - especially when you didn't know what part was going to be red and what part was going to be blue. The white part was the easiest part.

This image is by Penny Black, and although the theme was red, white and blue, I just couldn't leave my pup white, so I had to colour him. I also added stickles to the fur portion of the hat and the pom pom.

I embossed the white portion with my Snowflakes embossing folder and scalloped punched the top edge. I then mounted it onto a piece of real red. Stamped the not quite navy portion with snowflakes from the new Christmas Punch set (hostess).

I cut him out with my new Nestibilities and then cut out another piece in red and mounted it. Although, I am still trying to figure out how to exactly cut a smaller border, this will do for now. As I thought it looked a bit plain, I added the ribbon to the corner with a staple and then mounted using pop ups.

Here is my group of 5 cards. I originally had 6 cards, but I soon realized that I had mounted it upside down. I did try to fix it, but couldn't get it off of my cs. Oh well ces la vie!
I hope you like this non-traditional Christmas Card! 5 down and umm. . . how many more to go?
It is a start to my Christmas Cards at least.
Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black, Christmas Punch
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Real Red, WW, other miscellaneous red DS paper
Ink: White Craft, Black
Other: Cuttlebug Snowflake Folders, Nestibilities, Ribbon, Scallop Punch
Thanks for checking this out!
~Pat

2 comments:

AUsome mom said...

How cute are THESE?!! I LOVE that stamp! All of your texture is just wonderful. You did a fantastic job with the challenge!

Deanne Clarke said...

These are beautiful cards! Thanks for participating!