Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just Because I Care

This is another card for another ex-co-worker. Again, I was only notified about her health condition and wanted to send her a card to cheer her up!

Once again, a old DS paper from a few years back, this one is Spring Showers - yes, I still have quite a bit!

I absolutely love the stripes on this DS paper as it picks up quite a number of colours that you can use - this also makes great a masculine card too!

There was one tiny stripe of Really Rust -- I am not certain if you can see it, but I wanted to bring in that colour onto the card. Only, I should have checked to see if I had a matching ribbon in really rust -- NOT!

I actually had to colour my ribbon with COPIC markers! Here's another use of those expensive pens that I don't use very often!

This is the original color of the ribbon. It is somewhat similar, but when you put it on the card, you can most definitely tell that it is not the same colour.

I used the colour Sanguine - YR18 and was quite pleased how close the colour was to Really Rust! Lucky me. I had cut a piece of the ribbon that I wanted to use and started colouring, turned it over and then coloured the other side. I then set it aside overnight just to make sure that it dries completely before adding it to my card.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Best Yet, Good Things Grow
Paper: Spring Showers DS Paper, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, WW
Ink: Really Rust
Other: Hodge Podge, Brads, Ribbon, COPIC Marker, Oval Scallop Punch

~Pat

No comments: