Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day Rod!
I wanted to make a special card my DH and didn’t want anything that was too cheesy.  Thanks to Frances Martin, I created this card for my wonderful husband.

Using only three punches, I was able to create these fishies.  I think they are absolutely adorable!  I hope he likes it too!

I ran the Pool Party through the Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing folder, sponged it with Lucky Limemade to give it that ocean look.

Punched my fishies out using the Ornament punch – you need to cut the bulby top off. 

The fins are made using the 5-Petal flower – the back fin is two petals, and the top and bottom fins are just one petal each.

The eyes are made using the Owl Builder punch – the little circle, the larger circle (x2).

I punched out the hearts and used the Crystal Effects to give it a shiny effect and popped them up with pop-ups (this acts as the bubbles).



Here is the Recipe:

Ink:  Black, Lucky Limemade

Paper:  Pool Party, Everyday Enchantment DS, Whisper White

Stamps: None

Accessories:  Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder, Ornament Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Owl Builder Punch   

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!  And thanks for stopping by!

~ Pat 

No comments: