Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy Heart Day

This is my card that we will be making at my next Technique Tuesday class. The technique is called faux silk. It's amazing what can be done with a little tissue paper, stamps and ink.

I stamped my little elephant from the Happy Heart Day stamp set onto ww cs and stamped again onto DS paper and cut out. I then attached the cut out to my cs, and mounted it onto black cs. I punched out corners using the Photo Corners punch and matted it onto the back of the elephant panel.

Coloured the hearts and stems using my markers.

I then stamped the flower in Black ink onto tissue paper, coloured the hearts and let dry. Once dried, I crumpled up the tissue paper and smoothed out. Using the Anywhere Glue stick I applied glue onto ww cardstock and applied the stamped tissue paper. Then matted with black cs.

I then used the oval punch to punch out a real red cs and black cs. Stamped "Happy Heart Day" in black onto a scrap and punched out using the word window punch. Layered as you see it and mounted to my card.

I added 2 black brads and one red brad at the bottom right just to give it some more dimension.

Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Paper: Whisper White, Black, tissue paper
Ink: Black, Pretty in Pink marker, Real Red marker & Green marker
Other: Red and Black brads, photo corner punch and oval punch.
Thanks for stopping by!!
~Pat

No comments: