Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rod's Valentine Card



Hi Guys,

Sorry for the little absence. It has been extremely busy for me at work and hard for me to keep up with my posting and stamping.

But here is a card I made for Rod for Valentine's Day.

I stamped the mice (Penny Black) onto cardstock vellum. Turned it around and coloured it on the back using my very few copic colour markers (it's a good thing I had the right colours too!)

I then stamped "kiss" (using the Scripty Bets from TAC) onto a white cs for the background. I then layered the vellum cs onto the white cs as I did not want to take away from my image. I think this is a really neat effect. I am so glad that I bought the Scripty Bets from TAC, but as I was cutting out each individual letter, I was cussing quite a bit wondering if I actually made the right decision - I did and love the effect.

Using red brads, I secured the vellum piece onto the white piece and then adhered to a red cs.

For the white background, I ran the cs through the hearts cuttlebug horizontally, moved my cs over to where it did not emboss, line up and ran it through the cuttlebug again.

I then stamped using my real red marker to colour in "You", "&", "Me") using the Fancy Flexible Phrases (retired) and stamped each in a heart. I then mounted it onto the red cs.

I stamped Happy Valentine's Day on the inside.

Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black
Paper: Real Read, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Black
Other: Heart Cuttlebug, Red Brads, SU Markers and Copic Markers, Ribbon
Have a wonderfuly weekend and hope you find some stampin time!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Pat

No comments: