Saturday, May 3, 2008

File Box


Thanks to the instructions on Sylvia Maybie's blog, I created this little file box. Actually this is my second attempt as I realized that when I finished the first one, there was a mistake and I just couldn't post something knowing that there was a mistake - so I had to create another one. It's ok though, because I believe I could really use another box in stamp room.

This is just the front of the box. I wanted to make a more feminine box so I used my corner rounder to make my scalloped edge and then I used my 1/16" hole punch to make the holes to give it a lacy look and added the purely pomegranite and pink chiffon ribbon.



Here is the top of the box. I stamped 3 flowers using from Embrace Life set onto DS paper and cut out. I adhered a piece of pink mulberry paper undneath popped up the last flower (top one). I then used my Diamonds Stickles to give it a bit of bling.



This is the inside of my file box. Using my Round Tab punch, I punched out 8 tabs and adhered them using repositioning Mono as I wanted to be able to change the tags as necessary - you'll note that the last tag is blank, but I will add to it as I find more images file away. I didn't want my magnet to show when the box is opened, so I glued it to the inside of my box. Works like a charm!


This is just what the undecorated box look like.



Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Embrace Life, Brushtroke Alphabet (retired)
Paper: Ginger Blossum, River Rock, Groovy Guava, Rose Red, Mulberry Paper
Ink: Rose Red
Other: Corner Round Punch, Round Tab Punch, Crafter's Tool Kit, Scor-Pal, Stickles

Happy Saturday! I'm happy because I actually
get to some stamping time to myself!

Thanks for stopping by!!

~Pat

1 comment:

Stampinsilvia said...

WOW your box looks fantastic! I lvoe the colors and papers you choose! Thanks for linking me to your blog! I hope you enjoy your box as much as I LOVE mine!