Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sassy Cat

This is my Sassy Cat card for Kelly Swan's swap from the Stamp Shack - "Sassy Sayings".

The first thing that comes to my mind when thinking "sassy" is red! I am not sure why, to me red is sassy!

This is a tri-fold card or a "z" fold card. In order to create this look, you take a normal size A4 card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") and fold in a half. You then fold the front half over in half again (I hope that this makes sense).

I stamped the my Sour Puss Cat (Ann-ticipations) in Black onto whisper white. I coloured her toe nails using a glitter gel pen. The sunglasses was from a SU set - Totally Cool (retired). I stamped the sunglasses in real red and cut out and then pop dotted them onto Sour Puss. I then matted that piece on to black cs.

I mounted the DS paper onto the front of my card. Stapled a red gingham ribbon to the corner and added a string of pearls to my kitty.

On the inside of the card, I stamped Sour Puss in Sahara Sand and the sentiment "A Year Older, A Lot Cuter" by Penny Black onto white cs and then mounted it on the inside of the black card.

I really like my Sour Puss Kitty and am glad that I am able to use it in this swap. Hope everyone enjoys as much as I do! I am sad that it is Sunday again, meaning another week of work!


Here is the recipe:


Stamps: Ann-ticipations; Penny Black, SU - Totally Cool
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, My Mind's Eye DS Paper
Ink: Black, Real Red, Sahara Sand


Other: String of Pearls, Glitter Gel Pen, Red Gingham Ribbon, Staple

Thanks for stopping by!!


~Pat

No comments: