Thursday, May 15, 2008

May Christmas Cards

, Here is my May Christmas Cards. I am so behind in my challenge from the Stamp Shack to make my monthly Christmas Cards - now I need to catch up with March and April cards.

These cards are 3"x6" in size as I had wanted to make the most use of my 12"x 12" cardstock (that way I got 4 cards out of one cardstock).

I originally intended this to be a black and white card, but it didn't turn out that way. I stamped the snowman onto white cardstock, coloured the heart with a red marker and watercoloured the hat using Basic Grey. Then using my pastels and a q-tip, I coloured in the sky with Night of Navy as I had wanted to make a nite scene. I added the glitter to the falling snowflake. I also highlighted the snowman around the inside of his belly and his face just to give him a realistic look - not all snowmen are pure white are they?

I mounted the snowman front onto a black panel and pop dot onto my main card. I had a little snowflake punch and decided to use it (this must be the first time I've touched it since I bought it a while back). This just gives it a bit funness and dimension to my card.

I then stamped my verse from Many Merry Messages at the bottom.

Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous; Many Merry Messages
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Black
Other: Markers, Pastels, Stickles, Mini Snowflake Punch
Happy Thursday! Thanks for stopping by!!
~Pat

No comments: