Friday, June 6, 2008

Bloomin Beautiful Card

Ok, my last post of the nite. Here is a colour challenge that i wanted to try out - Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranite and Black.

I used the Faux Silk Technique on this card.

Although it is very faint in the background, I stamped Tres Chic onto the glossy paper in Soft Sky and sanded it.

I then stamped the Hydrangeas in a vase in black ink and watercoloured. I added the stickles to the middle to give it some dimension.

Punched two photo corners in Purely Pomegranite and adhered. I then tied the double stitched Purely Pomegranite ribbon on the right, adhered card front to black matting and then using pop ups, adhered it onto the Soft Sky card.

I love the look of this colour combo and may go back to make other cards using this combo. It gives it such an elegant look!

Here is the recipe:
Stamps:
Bloomin' Beautful
Paper: Glossy Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Sky
Ink: Black, Soft Sky
Other: Sanding Block, Double Stitched Ribbon, Photo Corner Punch, Stickles

Thanks for stopping by!!

~Pat

No comments: