Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lovely as a Tree - Christmas

Yesterday, I did a workshop and I demoed how versatile the Lovely as a Tree stamp set is and made three cards, the make and take being this lovely vintage Christmas card, a masculine birthday card and a feminine birthday card. Did I mention that this was one of my favourite stamp set! I absolutely love it!

See below for the other cards.

I borrowed this card idea and the masculine card from another fellow stamper.

I started with stamping the snowflakes all over the base card in chocolate chip and then added the striped ribbon to the middle of the card.

I stamped the skaters from the Winter Post first using chocolate chip onto Very Vanilla cut with the Top Notch sizzix die. I then stamped the skaters again onto a post it note and cut it out. I placed it over top my skaters to masked it and then stamped my group of trees in chocolate chip over top of the skaters. I then lightly sponged chocolate chip all over as well as edge the top notch piece with chocolate chip. This was then mounted on the riding hood red cs with pop ups.

I stamped the sentiment from Holidays and Wishes stamp set onto a Very Vanilla scrap of cs and punched out using the Key Tag punch, edged it and sponged with chocolate chip, mounted with pop ups.

See below for my other two cards.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Winter Post
Paper: Riding Hood Red cs, Very Vanilla cs,
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: striped ribbon, Key Tag punch

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: