Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day Card

I was just playing around with my new Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder and have seen many beautiful cards made with this folder.

This is my take on it. I was playing with Basic Grey and Baja Breeze colours and came up with this variation. I have had this cardstock forever and finally have the courage to use it.

I embossed the flowers first onto cardstock vellum. Cut out the top portion of the flowers. I then tries to ink the embossed portion with my Baja Breeze ink pad to give it a bit more definition. Then using my 2 way glue pen, I outlined the embossed portions and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds, adhered it to the Basic Grey and then to the Baja Breeze.

I stamped "Happy Mother's Day" (from All Holidays Stamp set) in Basic Grey. Tied the white taffeta ribbon around, and voila!

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Baja Breeze, Basic Grey, Cardstock Vellum
Ink: Basic Grey, Baja Breeze
Other: Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder, Dazzling Diamonds, White Taffeta Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by! ~Pat

No comments: