Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Card

This is my card for my mom for Mother's Day. I absolutely love how it turned out!
The actual card is black, therefore, it is hard to see the last layer.

I embossed the white layer using my Embossing Folder and mounted it onto the Pink Pirouette, which whas then mounted onto the black cs.

I stamped the Dogwood in versamark and embossed it in gold. Watercoloured the branch and leaves.

As I didn't have any dogwood punches, I created my own using a small egg punch, a 1/8th hole punch to make the little notch at the top of each petal and a tiny sun punch for the stamen. I then sponged each petal in Pink Pirouette ink. I used the larger side of my stylus and rubbed each petal until they started to curl up giving it that 3-d look. I glued each petal together and added the sun for the middle. What I should have done here was add a little bit of glitter to the petals, but as usual, this was last minute and we needed to leave to see my mom.

The little flowers were punched separately. I also used the larger side of the stylus to curl the petals up.

This is the inside of the card. Again, as the main cs was black, I added pink pirouette and white so that I could write on it.
To add a little pizzazz to it, I added some rub ons from the Summer Love collection and then stamped my sentiment. By the time I was finished, it was fairly heavy card. It was a good thing that I was hand delivering the card itself or it would have cost me an arm and a leg to mail it!
That is it for today! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Your comments are welcome.
Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Make an Impression, All Holidays
Paper: Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink: Black, Versamark
Other: Summer Love Rub Ons, Egg Punch, Tiny Sun Punch, Four Petal Punch, 1/8" Punch, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Watercolour

Thanks for stopping by! ~Pat

No comments: