Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Get ready to put your sunglasses on . . . !

Ok, here is my second card – pretty bright huh – When I first started working on this card, I didn`t really envision on how it would look in the end.  I used some bright DS paper that I had on hand and layered it onto black cs.  I again cut the doily in half and adhered it onto the front. 
I then punched out a circle scallop, cut it in half, sponged the edges with Dusty Durango and adhered it to the middle of the doily. 
Because I thought the yellow was a bit too bright for me, I decided to sponge the edges with Dusty Durango – I love how that toned the brightness down a bit for me.
Using my Beautiful Wings Embosslit, I cut out a number of butterflies in different colours – adhered a smaller one to a medium one to give it a 3d effect and added a half pearl to each butterfly.  I hope you like it.
Here is the recipe:
Stamps:  Pretty Postage
Ink:  Basic Black, Dusty Durango
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Yellow DS (non-SU), Real Red, Only Orange, Green Galore, Not Quite so Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Orchid Opulence, and Pink (non-SU)
Accessories:  Doily, Circle Scallop Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Mini Half Pearls
Pat

No comments: