Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In Your Element - 4th and Final Session

So my final session of In Your Element, we created thumb-print bunny cards.  I can’t seem to find my card as I think perhaps one of my kids may have walked off with it.  But I had the kids using their thumbs make a bunny face and ears – I used a heat gun to help speed up the drying process so that the kids could go and add their bunny face, whiskers and colour in the ears.  They then had to print on the front of their card “Some bunny Loves You!”  It was really neat to see everybody’s different version of bunnies – only I wish I had a photo to show you.


My second project – March 2nd was Dr. Seuss’ birthday.  So in celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday, we made pencil toppers using pipe cleaners - this Thing.  What a hoot – some of the kids got a taste of how hot the glue gets – but in my mind, I think they were over-exaggerating a bit.


and here is Mr. Cat in the Hat!

In the end, the kids were allowed to take home an edible treat – dirt and worms!  Of course, they all asked if what was in it real dirt!  Too funny!  I thoroughly enjoyed these 4 sessions and enjoyed the kids!  They were all very well behaved and very polite.  It was neat to see how their little faces lit up when they saw what they were going to make.  I am a bit sad to see the program end, but I am glad that I was able to participate and to teach the kids about some arts and crafts!

No comments: