Saturday, June 23, 2012

Coach Thank You

This year, Owen decided to try out field hockey as the league was looking for boys to play in an all boy team.  It was a great experience for all the new boys to try something new, but it was also very disheartening as the teams we played had mostly been playing together for a very long time.

Today was our wind up game and we decided to have a little wind-up party after the game.  This is the thank you card I came up with for the coach.  I didn`t have any field hockey stamps and I searched the internet for field hockey images – that was a tough one as most of the images were for girls but I finally found this one.

I went over the outline with black liner and coloured the shorts in black.  Cut out my field hockey player and mount it onto a white piece of card stock, then matted it onto a pumpkin pie piece. I added the ball and if you look closely you'll see little lines showing the ball bouncing which I hand-penned in.

This is the first time where I have started with the main focus point - being the field hockey player and working with the colours already on the boy.  I love Jersey Shore DSP and am very grateful to still have some.  The colours were perfect!

The Thank You was from the Cuttlebug Thank You embossing folder that I had embossed in black and then cut out.

Recipe:             

Paper:  Whisper White, Jersey Shore DS Paper, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories:  Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Well this is the last of my post for the day.  I hope you have enjoyed them and feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you think.  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Pat

No comments: