Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Father's Day Card


So this is my Father’s Day Card.  I am trying to use up some very old DS paper from SU so that I can make room for some new stuff.  Again, I reverted to my old trusty stamp set from SU – Lovely as a Tree to make this masculine card.  I hope they never retire this stamp set!

I stamped the oak tree in chocolate chip and then sponged some green onto the branches (sorry the photo isn’t the greatest), but you can see it in real life.  Matted the oak tree onto chocolate chip and popped it up to give some dimension.

I added a strip to the left side and some vintage brads just to try and balance out the card as I felt it was too plain without.


I stamped the sentiment using Thinking of Father (retired).

Here is the Recipe:

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Thinking of Father
Ink:  Black, Chocolate Chip

Paper:  Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, SU retired DS
Accessories:  Pastels, Vintage Brads

Thanks for stopping by

Pat

No comments: