Thursday, January 5, 2012

Red Envelopes

Chinese New Year is on January 23, 2012.  So rather than run out and purchase red envelopes from the local Asian store, I decided to make my own red envelopes.  It is tradition that all children in your family receive money for luck.  Between all my nieces and nephews and my own kids, I made eight little envelopes.
The envelope was made using the SU Scallop Envelope in real red. I edge each of the envelopes in gold to add a bit more bling.
This is the year of the dragon, so I thought it would befitting to stamp a little dragon on the front the envelope and gold embossed it.  Is this not the cutest little dragon you`ve ever seen? 
Here is a close up of the dragon- sorry it is a bit dark.
On the back, I stamped Happy New Year from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and also gold embossed it.  I hand penned the gold around the scallop.  I wish I had a stamp that said Happy Chinese New Year, but I guess you can`t have everything, so this will do.

I am working on some Chinese New Year cards to give to my mom and dad, and each of my brother and sisters and their family – just for some fun!  So stay tuned.  I think you will be impressed!

Recipe:

Stamp:  Imaginisce – Enchanted Collection

Paper:  Real Red cs

Ink:  Gold Metallic

Accessories:  Scallop Envelope Die, Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Gel Pen
Can you believe 2 posts in one day?  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day  ~ Pat

No comments: