Monday, March 5, 2012

Doillies Challenge from Kathy!

There is a reason why I don’t participate in challenges very often.  A few weeks ago, I received a package from my lovely cyber friend, Kathy Pikwo. 

In it contained a package of doilies.  Well, to be honest, part of the reason for putting it off for so long was because I was stumped! 

I hoed and I hummed and here is what I have come up with – this is cased from someone from Splitcoast – I brayered the doilies one in Purely Pomegranite and the other and Soft Suede.  Folded the doilies in half and adhered it to the cardstock – I guess this would make a great one layer card!  Added my ribbon and my sentiment and voila!  Here is my card – fairly clean and simple, I must say!


The only difficulty I had was gluing the doily without tearing it – it was a good thing the kids were not around because there was quite a bit of cursing – especially, when I had to redo them due to the tearing!

Anyways, if you would like to participate in this challenge, please link your card to my post so that I can see what you`ve created!  I would love to see other creations using doilies!



Because I challenged Kathy to make three cards, I feel like I need to make three cards myself – although, Kathy didn`t indicate that.  Don`t fret, I will get them done.  But I thought I better get posting before Kathy wonders what the heck I`ve been up to!  Thanks for stopping by! 
Here is the recipe:
Stamps:  On the Grow
Ink:  Soft Suede and Purely Pomegranite
Paper:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Purely Pomegranite Ribbon, Soft Suede Ribbon, Doilies
~ Pat

No comments: