Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year



or shall I say Gung Hay Fat Choy! As this year is the year of the rat, I wanted to make a card with a rat on it, but this is the closest I have to a rat. At least it's cuter than a rat.

Anyways, the lantern was made by punching out a circle (in this case, I used a 2" round circle punch). I stamped the "Joy" in black onto the appricot appeal cs and then used my crimper to crimp.

I then added the gold top and bottom using gold cs and added the gold cord at the top.

I stamped "Amanda Writes" and embossed in black. I then coloured her in using my Yellow Flesh copic and Burnt Umber copic.

I pained the pen and the bottle using sparkling H2O's.

I then masked Amanda Writes with a sticky and stamped the bamboo background using my versamark and embossed it in gold.

Lastly, I painted each individual leaf using my sparkling H2O's. I mounted my main panel onto Real Red cs and then onto black cs. I moutned the lantern using pop ups.

All in all, I am quite pleased with the results.

Here is the recipe ~
Stamps: House Mouse - Amanda Writes, All Night Media Bamboo background, Inkadinkado Joy
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Black, Apricot Appeal, gold
Ink: Black Craft, Versamark, Black ink
Other: Gold Cord, Sparkling H2Os, pop ups
Hope you had a great weekend and found some stampin time!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Pat

No comments: