Sunday, June 21, 2009

MR. CADWELL'S RETIREMENT CARD

Here is one of the retirment cards I made for one of the teachers that is retiring. I apologize for the shadow that card has as it was very late when I took this picture - once again a last minute thing - but it seems that I work best under pressure and get things done! I guess that is the procrastinator in me!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Father's Day!
Mr. Caldwell has been at our school since the beginning of the opening of the school - that is an awful long time! He was such an inspiration to the children and a positive role model!

I will be very sad to see him go as I was hoping very much that he would be sticking around to teach my sons. But no such luck and I wish him the best of everything in the future!

I used the stamp set "Many Mower" and "Teeny Tiny Wishes".

This is a Tri-Shutter Fold Card. I was very intimidated by the look of it, but when I finally got down to making the card, it was much more easier than I thought.

Here is the basic instructions:

- start with a 12 x 6" cs
- score at 2", 4", 8" and 10"
- mountain and valley fold, then straighten out
- from your cutter, measure in 2" and cut from first score (2") all the way to the last score (10")
- repeat on the other side

If you have any questions regarding the instructions, please feel free to contact me.

By looking at the photo, you can tell how to fold the card. The middle section is basically the opposite fold from the outer sections.
Measuring each sections, I cut out my DS paper (I used To the Nines Specialty) - gotta love that paper and am so glad that SU is bringing out new stuff to play with! What I did was have each piece DS paper layed out and went to cutting - mixing and matching each piece.
I water coloured the golfer with my inks. As well as the sign on front. Here is a close up of my golfer.

I cut out "Now" and "Relax" and mounted those separately on pop ups!
Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Many Mower, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Going Gray
Paper: To the Nines DS cs, Chocolate Chip textured cs, WW
Other: Jumbo Eyelets
Thanks for stopping by!
~Pat

No comments: