Sunday, June 21, 2009

MRS. SHELLING'S RETIREMENT CARD

This is for Mrs. Shelling, the other Gr.7 teacher that is retiring this year. Again, I am very sad to see her leave as well, as she was a great teacher.

I was asked to make something with margaritas on it and I thought, oh no! I don't have any margarita stamps, but I had this chick one with chicks each holding a glass!


This card represents Mrs. Shelling's upbeat and bright personality! I am very pleased with the way it turned out!
The card size itself is 6"x6" on real red texture cs. I matted the front using a piece of DS (Pink Flamingo). I stamped the chicks in versamark and then embossed with black embossing powder. I then watercoloured the chicks using my inks. I added some sparkle glue to give them a bit of sparkle to their outfits. It is much prettier in person. Rounded the corners and then matted that piece to real red and popped up on pop ups.

The message was hand printed.

This is the inside of the card. Again the printing was hand-printed. I stamped the chicks in Sahara Sand. I originally messed up as the middle part of the stamp did not make contact with the cs. So I dug out my Stamp-a-Jig. I don't use this tool as often, but it has proven to be a great tool and will be keeping it nearby for future mess-ups! Can you tell where I messed?


Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Penny Black
Inks: Versa Mark, Sahara Sand

Paper: WW, Pink Flamingo DS, Real Red Textured CS
Other: Glitter Glue, Hand-printing, Embossing Powder


Thanks for stopping by!

~Pat

No comments: