Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

SC035/12
Wow, I finally get a chance to play!  My chores are all done and the house is somewhat back to normal after a very busy weekend and I don’t feel the slightest guilt at all!

Anyways, Sunny Challenges this week below and the theme is “Mother”. 

I am going to give this to my mother-in-law seeing that she is so fond of cats . . . not!  But I think it will bring a smile to her face, knowing that our cat isn’t the most angelic cat, but rather, very naughty!

I coloured my flowers using my chalks and blender pen. 

I sometimes like these sketch challenges because it allows me to use my non-SU stamps.  And Fluffles does remind me of my own mischievous cat, Casper!

I don’t know if you can see it but on the Wisteria Wonder strip, I stamped the background with the round stamp from My Friend as it reminded me of the dandelion weed when it is in the seed mode.

When I finished my card, and went back to look at the sketch, I realized that my white cs should have been a little bit shorter, but oh well, I can’t fix it once it has been adhered to my mine card.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps:  Stampendous – Flowers Fluffles, Messages for Mom, My Friend

Paper:    Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Wisteria Wonder

Ink:        Basic Black, Wisteria Wonder

Accessories:  Dotted embossing folder, primas, chalks, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Pinking Hearts Border punch

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of the week!

~Pat

10 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

This is really a gorgeous card. I love the colours and the cat does look a bit mischievious. Thanks so much for taking part in our challenge this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Mothers Day card.

Christine Blain said...

Oh, Pat, this is so CUTE! Love your take on the Sunny Challenges and Creations sketch, and I think your mother-in-law will love this!

Sunny Challenges & Creations said...

Pat, it is with great pleasure that I can tell you that your card won our Ray of Sunshine award this week. Please collect our badge to display on your blog.

Unknown said...

Congradulations on winning the challenge at Sunny Challenges.

Leigh said...

Love the cat, yep, he does look naughty. Cute card.

Leigh said...

Love the cat, yep, he does look naughty. Cute card.

AB. said...

Very cute card!! Well done with the sketch challenge....I was completely stumped with all my attempts. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the win for the gorgeous card, Pat! The win is deserved!

Granmargaret said...

Congratulations. Beautiful card