Monday, June 11, 2012

May Christmas Card

Hi everybody,
I must apologize for the lack of posting.  It has been extremely crazy busy around here.  My mother-in-law had a fall back in March and had been in the hospital for approximately 5-6 weeks.  She finally got out just before Mother’s Day but still had issues.  On top of it all with our almost daily visits to the hospital, I was also working on own my taxes, my husband’s and my mom’s and dad’s!

To make things worse, I was asked to work full time to cover somebody’s desk – now don’t get me wrong – the extra money was nice, but it was cutting into my crafting time!  Boo hoo!  Anyways enough of the boring stuff, I have a card to share with you.

This is my Christmas card for the month of May – I know I am posting extremely late, but I figure better late than never.  This is using one of my favourite stamp sets – Snow Much Fun.  You’ll see that I’ve layered it 4 times – Base card is Whisper White, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Whisper White.  I embossed the top left corner first with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder.  I added a little bit gitter glue to give it some spark.  Stamped the snowman and coloured him in.  Stamped my sentiment and punched it out using the Fancy Label punch.  I also punched out the Modern Label in Night of Navy and cut that in half and adhered it to the white label to give it the layered look.  I punched out bashful blue twice and adhered it to the back of the Night of Navy (I hope that makes sense).  Popped up the sentiment.

Thanks for being patient and I truly apologize for not being a better blogger!

Here is the recipe:

Stamps:  Snow Much Fun

Ink:        Basic Black

Paper:   Whisper White, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue

Accessories:  Northern Flurry EmbossingFolder; Modern Label Punch; Glitter Glue; pop ups; Pastels


No comments: