Sunday, August 17, 2008

"DUDE"

This is one of my series of birthday cards that I will be posting. My DS turned 10 this month. I made 2 versions of this card and asked DH which was his favourite. He picked the card on the right.

The card on the left, you can pull the ribbon out to reveal the word "Dude". See below for more details.












The stamp set is from Close to My Heart. The card size is 5x7.

Using the skateboard, I stamped the background using onto the Basic Grey cs. Stamped the skater boy and masked him. I then stamped the skateboard. Masking part of the skater boy made it look like he was holding onto his skateboard.

I coloured him in using my copic markers (I stil require a bit more practice), but loved the effect.

I then punched out a large star and a smaller star and mounted them both together with a star brad. The DS paper is from SU Spring-Summer Catalogue.

Stamped "Dude" onto a white scrap of cs and punched either side and then threaded the red ribbon through and added the brads on either sides.




This was my second version of the card, only it is the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I added the red ribbon on the side so you can pull out the tab. Otherwise, it is pretty much the same card.


I would love to hear your comments about which card you like best and why.

Here is the recipe:
Stamps:
CTMH
Paper: Basic Grey, Real Red, WW, SU DS paper, Blue Bayou
Ink: Black
Other: Star Eyelet, Diamond Brads, Real Red Ribbon, Slot Punch, Star Punches (large and small), Copic Markers
Have a wonderful Monday and thanks for stopping by!!
~Pat

No comments: