Monday, August 18, 2008

Xmas Turtles

Now onto my Christmas cards for July and August!
I absolutely adore Whipper Snapper stamps and wish I had more of them!

I originally started out with approximately 24 images of these cute turtles, but wounded up with only 20 completed cards as I had messed up 4 of them. I coloured the turtles with copic markers - which I have recently just learned how to use them and am very pleased with how they have turned out.

The next time I decide to make 20 of the same cards, it will not involve any colouring at all! LOL, this took me forever to get all 20 coloured!

I added dazzling diamonds to the white parts of the santa hats. It is way cuter in person as you can see the sparkles on the santa hats!

I added the green and red brads at the top along with the ribbons as I thought it needed a little something more!

This is what the inside of the card looks like. As I hate wasting any size of paper, I decided to decorate the inside as well with some DS paper and a sentiment. I rounded the right side corners just to give it some definition.

Here is the recipe: Stamps: Whipper Snapper, Many Merry Messages; Paper: Real Red, WW, DS paper; Ink: Black Other: Brads, Ribbons, Corner Punch, Copic Markers; Dazzling Diamonds

This card is 6x6. Now all I have to do is find some envelopes!

I hope you like this card as much as I do! Thanks for stopping by!! ~Pat

No comments: