Monday, August 18, 2008

Sock Monkey Birthday Card

Happy Monday!

Here is my birthday card for my youngest DS who absolutely loves monkeys - Curious George that is! Red is also his favourite colour.

I cheated with the balloons and rather than stamping the balloons and then cutting them out, I used my balloon punch that has been sitting in my drawer for ages. I outlined the balloons with a marker.

The whole monkey is paper pieced using some retired Stampin UP DS paper from a few years back. I'm beginning to like paper piecing as it does not require any colouring, although the cutting out takes some time!

I guess when you're under the gun, things get done! Two down, two more to go, plus a wedding card!

Here is the recipe: Stamps: Sock Monkey, Sincere Salutations; Paper: Real Red, Cutie Pie DS paper, retired SU DS paper, WW, bashful blue, wild wasabi; Ink: Black
Thanks for stopping by!! ~Pat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so how do you put together the monkey? I guess im not sure of what exactly paper peicing is. new to this stuff. would love an explaination.

Anonymous said...

Paper piecing is a technique where you stamp your main image onto your cardstock, stamp it again onto any designer paper and you cut out and paste. So different areas such as the sock, I would stamp and cut using a different piece of paper - the sock monkey is the perfect stamp as most of the lines are smooth wtih little crooks or crannies.

I made a bunch of these cards while watching tv.

If you have any more questions, feel free to send me an email - patguertler@shaw.ca.