Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reeds


I originally made this card to show my customers how to do the blackboard technique by stamping onto dark cardstock with white craft ink and then using your chalks to colour with.

Well, rather than using chalks, I used pearl ex powders. I even tried some old eyeshadow too - that works like a charm if you looking for a specific colour but can't find it.

I then decided to make this into a matchbook card as I needd to add a fastenator as an embellishment to the card - which I think worked out great!

I stamped the background onto the kraft cs, added the the chocolate chip ribbon, and voila!

I will probably use this card for my FIL's birthday if I have not have had a chance to make another card.

The flap at the bottom makes for a perfect place to put a gift card.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Great Impression - Reeds
Paper: Kraft, Copper cs; chocolate chip
Ink: Craft White, Kraft Ink
Other: Fastenator, Ribbon, Scallop Scissors. Pearl Ex Powders

Thanks for stopping by!! ~Pat

No comments: