Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sad Day


Yesterday was a really sad day for me. A very sweet and dear friend's grandpa passed away. It broke my heart to hear the news and to hear the pain in her voice. To not divulge too much of her personal life, she was also dealing with a very sick child and have been in and out of Children's Hospital the past few weeks. It's time like this, I wish I could bear the pain for her, or waive a magic wand and make all the stress in her life go away. I am honoured to have been the first person that she called as soon as she heard the news. I hope this card will cheer her up a little bit and I hope that the poem will bring some peace to her.

I never have any sympathy cards on hand as I always feel that depending on the situation or who the person is, I always like to make something new. I also find these kind of cards are the most difficult ones to make.

I cased the poem from somebody else, and am sorry that I did not note up her name. I printed it onto vellum card stock and adhered it onto the main card after stamping it. I then tied a ribbon around to give it a bit of an elegant look.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Garden Silouhette, Close as a Memory
Paper: Whisper White, Vellum CS
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Other: Ribbon
~Pat

No comments: