Thursday, January 26, 2012

Birthday Card for my Dad

My card for my daddy.  My dad isn`t much a card guy but is still very much a kid at heart. This is using the stamp set Elementary Elegance from the Sale-a-Bration catty and any card using Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip make great masculine cards!  I absolutely love how you can use the Curly Label punch to punch out the middle part. 

So I stamped the main image using Chocolate Chip and added a little strip across the middle giving it little tails on either end.  I stamped the Happy Birthday on a scrap of cs and punched it out using the Curly Label Punch.  Sponged around it to give it more vintage look and adhered it using dimensionals over the strip.  I added three little pearls to either side of my strip of chocolate chip and then layered the Crumb Cake onto chocolate chip.

Here is a closer look at the punched out part.

Haha, 3 cards down, 1 to go.  Not bad for a day of playing!  Let's see if I can get my last card made later tonight.  Wish me luck.

Here is the Recipe:
Stamps:    Elementary Elegance
Paper:       Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Ink:           Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Curly Label Punch, Mini Pearls

Thanks for stopping by!  - Pat

No comments: