Thursday, January 26, 2012

Last Birthday Card for January!

Woo hoo, I am done!  I finally got my last birthday card done!  This one is for my brother, whose birthday is on Saturday.  Now I get to play a bit (not really, but I`d like to think that I can). 

I found the image difficult to ink up, after several tries, I finally managed to get an image that I was happy with.  In order to get the dark image I wanted, I had my stamp upside down and using my ink pad, I patted the image over and over and over again onto the ink pad.  If you do it the other way (stamp to ink pad) the middle portion of the stamp will not ink up very well.
I ran the real red cs through the stripes embossing folder and adhered it to the front of my whisper white card base.  I then ran the pacific point through the dotted embossing folder.  Added a strip early expresso (punched using the scallop trim border punch) to the bottom of the pacific point.

I reinked the cupcake portion in pacific point, cut out and adhered to the front.  I then added the cherry cobbler glitter to the cherry and to the heart to give it some pizzaz!  I love the brightness of this card!

Here is the Recipe:

Stamps:    Sweet Cake

Paper:       Whisper White, Pacific Point, Real Red, Early Expresso

Ink:           Early Expresso, Pacific Point

Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, striped embossing folder, dotted embossing folder, scallop border punch
Have a wonderful evening - Pat

No comments: