Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birthday Lego Card - Take 2

So here is my second take on making a lego card.  I absolutely love the way it turned out!  This is a great way of using up all the little scraps in your scrap bin – although I wish I could use more of it. I was trying to think of all the colours my son’s lego had, but I think you can almost use any colour to suit any gender.  Obviously, my DH liked this one better than the lego head.

After punching out the circles, I edge them with their coordinating inks to give it some depth.  Popped them up on pop-ups.  By the time I had all the circles popped up, this made a very heavy card and would think twice about mailing it.  The only little stamp that I could find to fit the word window was the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Happy Moments SU set. 

The measurements are as follows:

Two button block:  1-1/4” x 5/8”

Four button block:  1-1/4” x 1-1/4”

Five button block:  5/8” x 3-1/4”

Eight button block:  1-1/4” x 2-1/2”

Recipe:

Stamps:  Happy Moments

Ink:  Sunshine Yellow, Basic Black, Real Red, Green Galore, Eggplant Purple, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Whisper White, Blue, Lime Green

Paper:  Sunshine Yellow, Basic Black, Real Red, Green Galore, Eggplant Purple, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Whisper White, Blue, Lime Green

Accessories:  1-1|2” circle punch, Word Punch           

Pat

No comments: