Sunday, June 24, 2012

SC04612

SC04612

Hi everyone!

I must say I was tickled pink when I was asked to participate as a weekly guest designer as Sunny Challenges.  This week`s challenge is Fancy Folds.  Now I have to admit, I don`t think I`ve ever made a card with this type of fancy fold – and I was a little apprehensive on taking this on this project, but here is what I have come up with.
You take a 5 1|4” x 12” card base and score at 2”, 4”, 8” and 10”.  Mountain fold the score lines so that the edges are facing the outside of the card.

I added the black layer under the DS paper to give it a bit of dimension.

Stamped the Happy Birthday medallion and punched it out with the small scallop punch.  Punch out a large scallop in real red using the large scallop punch and layer.  Now here`s the tricky part – only apply sticky strips or glue to half of the medallion and not the whole thing, otherwise, you will glue it shut.
The balloons were added as an afterthought to try and keep the flaps closed – it didn`t quite work but I love the effect it gives, plus it gave me a chance to use the baker`s twine I had but didn`t know quite how to add it to a card.

I also layered the inside with a layer of black just so it will match the outside and stamped the party hats (using my markers).

Enjoy!

Here is the recipe:
Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes, Party Hearty

Ink:        Basic Black
Paper:   Whisper White, Cutie Pie DS, Old Olive, Real Red

Accessories:  Scallop punches (small and large), Baker`s Twine, pop-ups

No comments: