Sunday, June 24, 2012

SC046/12 - Take 2

Ok, stampers!  Here is my second take on Sunny Challenges 046/12.  With this card, I decided to make a masculine card.  You will see a similar card a few blogs below – only I changed it to fit the challenge.

I used the technique direct to paper to give it that antique look, and did the same for the inside.

I added the ribbon to my panels before adhering it directly onto the front flap.  Because it is suppose to be a masculine card, I opted to use the Pewter ribbon buckle  to one side, rather than tie a knot.  And on the other side, I just wrapped it around the panel.  To make it more symmetrically appealing when the card is opened up, I also added a strip of the DS paper to the bottom of the inside of the card. 

The photo holder (if that is what you call the embellishment) on the top right was meant to hold the card closed.





Thanks for stopping by ~  Pat

Here  is the recipe:

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree

Paper:    Whisper White, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Mocha Morning DS
Ink:                Soft Suede

Accessories:  Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, Black Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: